01 December 2011

¡El Futuro!

I really like teaching the future to my students. It brings me back to my middle school days playing MASH and folding paper into origami-like fortune tellers. 

Today in class we folded like crazy and then went around the room predicting what life will be like in the future. It was fun hearing some of the predictions-although I did hear some English because the kids were so proud of their witty prediction that they wanted to translate it for those who might not know what it meant-including for their Spanish teacher.    

It's these kinds of activities that I like doing, but then feel guilty thinking that I should be doing something more realistic or relevant for them. Perhaps I should just stop with the self-criticisms and have fun with the kids!?!

As for my DiLL goal-I did very well today with my Intro/1 mixed class.  They did a scavenger hunt by connecting to random classmates asking what they like to do on a certain day of the week.  Students were trying to check off all of the verbs on their list from the responses they got. All were on task from the ones I listened in on, and I feel like that, along with the Wordplay activities we did beforehand count as a successful 1/2 block in the language lab. 
Creative fortunes by one student
Fortune Teller, or "Cootie Catcher" as one student called it.

No comments:

Post a Comment